Saturday, July 19, 2008

Copious Amounts of Time.

114 Weekly Thursdays.

8 months, 30 days.

1 1/2 years.


The first is obvious. My nonstop obsession to wearing a red and white t-shirt on a particular day because it makes me feel good about myself, and it invokes emotions in me that I can't even begin to fathom. Closing in on 2 1/2 years...

The second, is slightly less obvious, but every bit as meaningful. In one day, I will have dated Riley for 9 months. This is by far the longest and happiest relationship I have ever been in. Sure, we've fucked up. Sure, I've been a dick. Sure, she's been a bitch. It happens. But in the end we are here for each other to heal, and to comfort, and to cry. Basic emotions are not something to take for granted, and I think that everyone ( ANDREW ) should definitely experience the highs and lows of a relationship, no matter how trivial.

The last, is just me stroking my somewhat diminished ego. There was a time when I thought I was the biggest bad ass to grace the Earth. It was awesome, I was the coolest loser. I guess that made me someone. I find myself slipping back into what I like to call "Eighth Grade" where I was blatantly oblivious to my social status and did not really give two fucks about you or your shit. I don't really care. It allows me to hone in on what witty, quirky shit that makes me sharp and interesting.

I went back and read every entry I've contributed. I read every post.

I really do appreciate all of you, and the inspiration you are to me to be such a fucking genius. If it were not for any of you (main two Andy and Michelle) I would have given up on humanity long ago.

No one would hear my poems. Now its two.

No one would see my drawings. Now its two.

No one would listen to me scream, yell, protest, and cry. No one would love me.


Thank you.

2 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Awww kyle =]
We're always here to listen/read

I would have guessed you were dating riley for longer. But I'm happy your still together, you two are great together! Congrats =]

(oh and all girls be bitchez) ha.

Don't worry. I think life is about finding out who you are, and if you do it too early, what will you have to look forward to?

Keep blogging, wearing that badass canada shirt, and being Kyle!

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

omigod
you like Spoon and Interpol.

I practically worship Spoon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home