Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I am not Emo. So STFU before you even think it.

I wrote this, Im kinda sad, but not depressed, I just think it's pretty.

Suffocating. No light. No hope.
Embracing your memory as best I could, with all my strength.
Avoiding death, with just as much effort.

My will is bending. Breaking, dissolving into my demise.
I fight, I am not dead. I shall not die, I will survive.
I gasp at nothing, or so it seems.

I begin to slip away. Into my abyss. Collapsing under pressure.
Delving into the dark, melding with the shadows, I am consumed.
My life has not yet left me, I refuse.

Void and null my efforts seem, all trivial and weak.
The void has nulled me, ironically.
Drowning, yet all around me, there is air.

Water, water everywhere, and not a drop to drink.
And here it seems air is everywhere, and not an ounce to breathe.

2 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I love the last stanza.
It sounds like something that could be used in a song.
Those lines really stick out to me. Great perspective.
I love this =]

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger 3McGraw said...

Poems suck unless they mentions refrigerators... sorry ky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home